With the consent of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Museum of cultures of Vietnam’s ethnic groups in collaboration with International Cooperation Department, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism will organize “Cultural Week of Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam” at the Museum of the cultures of vietnam’s ethnic groups from 6th to 11th December 2016.
Attending the Cultural Week, there are 2 international delegations: Malaysia delegation leaded by Princess of Terengganu state with 25 members, including craftsmen, professions, students of Teknologi Mara University; Indonesia delegation included Mrs Venny Afwany Alamsyah, director, Batik profesion and 02 traditional batik artisans. Vietnam delegation included 30 textile artisans from 6 ethnics groups(Hmongz, Dao, Thai, Cham, Tay, Pa Then) and a group of disabilities artisans of Kym Viet company, Ao dai artisan, Mrs Lan Huong and students as well as pupils in Thai Nguyen.
“Cultural Week of Indonesia, Malaysia, and Vietnam” will take many activities, such as exhibition of Indonesian, Malaysian and Vietnam typical culture; Lan Huong’s ao dai; “Slam khau and the flow of Cau river”; traditional ASEAN masks. The demonstration includes drawing and dyeing for Indonesian batik, Vietnam embroidering; making fines art; Muslim and vegetarian cooking competition; showing films of national cultures; making tea competition; cutural exchanging; education and experience of ASEAN culture, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam. The Cultural Week of Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam” will be opened at 19.30 p.m on 8th December, be broadcast live on Thai Nguyen Television; The Gala will be at 19.30 p.m on 9th December and the Closing ceremony will be in the everning of 10th December .
Museum of the Cultures of Vietnam’s ethnic groups will welcome students, pupils to experience at the museum from 7th to 11th December 2016 with the contents:
- Visitting, experience the cultural environment of Cau , River from Slam khau (Bac kan), according to the flow through Thai Nguyen, Bac Giang, Bac Ninh to Hai Duong.
- Making stuffed animals with a group of disabled artisans in 10-15 minutes.
- Exploring cultural information of ASEAN mask on No.10 rotation
- Discovering “Colors of Vietnam culture” and make Vietnam embroidered products, playing flute; stamping Dong Ho folk paintings, painting, folk games …
- Discovering Malaysia culture with students of Teknologi Mara University.
- Cooking Hanal, vegetarian cuisine, making green tea…
- Experience: Printing Batik, dyeing cloth according to techniques of Indonesia and the Hmongz ethnic group in Vietnam
- Discovering the Khmer culture in the South delta plains with experiences: floating market, wearing masks, playing as the folk deities, demonstrating a part of moon rituals, wedding, making sky-lights …
- Making and selecting films about experiences at the museum
- Joing the Gala and the closing ceremony.
This is a good opportunity for visitors, especially students and pupils to discover, find out the cultural, historical value and customs, traditions of 54 ethnic groups in Vietnam and some ASEAN countries. Besides, experiencing with international students, Vietnamese students can exchange and connect in order to promote their creation and skills of foreign language as well as team working.